samedi 12 août 2017

Get Messy Season of Fairytales | 01

Week one of the Season of Fairytales and I am so into this theme! I hope you are feeling as inspired as I am. To start off my fairytale, The Lady of the Moors, I did a few "character study" type pages, kind of to set the mood. I started by making a colour palette and naming the colours according to the Lady's landscape.




I also played around with some of my watercolours and came up with this abstract.


I can't share my title page (keeping that for my tutorial coming soon) but I can show part of this introduction one.


This is my first page of the fairytale.


I absolutely love having flaps in my journal. These open up to reveal this magical place.


You can close one or the other of the flaps, making interesting associations.





I have a vague idea of the outline of my story, but some things are evolving as I go along.


This week, I didn't focus as much on the prompts as I wanted to explore a little of the backstory of this Lady.


The flap opens to reveal the other princesses.


I love these girls.


The other night, I felt like adding a little dimension to my journal, so I stitched a tattoo sleeve for my Lady princess.



It may have been too early to introduce a catalyst, but oh well, I like witches. So there!


This image on the right I have had since 2008!!!



Sometimes, you are culling images and then something truly magical happens. 


So there you have my pages for this week. I'm going back to Beijing tomorrow and will be reunited with my computer and the rest of my supplies! I'm interested in seeing the impact this will have on this tale. Thanks for coming by!

***********************

Get Messy Art Journal is an art journaling program/community. We are a group of like minded art journalers who have come together under this art form to learn, share, practice our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. Our community values consistent creating, encouragement and support and trying new things. We would love to have you join us as a member of Get Messy Art Journal. Join Get Messy now!

2 commentaires:

  1. OH MY GOD VANESSA ! J'ai eu envie de pleurer d'émotion devant tes pages ! Tellement belles, puissantes, incroyablement fortes. Merci. Merci. Merci d'être une artiste aussi inspirante ! <3

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Wow, Vanessa, your journal is going to be amazing. They always are, but I feel like this one will be truly magic.

    RépondreSupprimer

Template designed by Rainy Day