lundi 24 juillet 2017

The Lovely Layers Zine

Ok, this zine rocks. It started as a Lovely layers zine and became a Frida Loves Layers zine!


We made this zine for Emk; her love of layers is absolutely no secret! To help us create it, we enlisted the lovely Holly whose work brings colour and punch to the mix.


I was lucky enough to make the base, so I made sure there were lots of flaps to create secret places to layer things. The inside pages are mine, the top of the flaps are by...Holly?


Oh! I think that hand must be by Katie!


I think Katie also had lots of fun cutting holes in the zine. I love when it's a true collaboration in this sense.


The page on the left with the circle warrior is mine.


Eyes (third or otherwise!) are also a big part of this zine.


I know that EmK loves Frida and when I saw that skirt on the right page in my scrap pile, I knew I wanted to add her to the zine. I love seeing Julia's flowers on the left.


We closed it off with some cool Frida quote stickers and our signatures.


 So luscious! Please take a look at everyone's pages : Holly, Katie and Jules.


Yay Zine Squad!

1 commentaire:

Template designed by Rainy Day