samedi 13 mai 2017

Get Messy Season of Contrast | 06

So we've come to the last week of the Season of Contrast. And what a Season! In my real life there have been great highs and a couple of deep lows. So interesting how this came about. Here are this week's offerings:


This first one called 'Fractured' explores the idea of not being too rigid in my art. I kept it minimal and simple but poignant. Still thinking about my rings when I made it.



I've already mentioned how I'm the Chariot and when something knocks me down, I go deep down. Well, after all my hard work and my transformation (I lost 17 pounds), last week a woman congratulated me for being pregnant. In from of my husband (who when he saw my face feared for her life i'm sure). I am most certainly not pregnant. It brought me down even more. "Conversations with old demons" is the result.

This comment is one I get a lot, but I really thought that after losing all that weight I wouldn't get asked that anymore. UGH. It made want to go back to my old ways and drown that emotion in food. Which I did for a couple of days.





But then I remembered all that path I've waled down since January. I remembered why I started and I was able to get myself out of that funk.


You'd think it would get easier....The paper weaving tutorial by Ashley was really cool.


And my final spread of the Season is called "Porcelain Dolls with Steel Bodies". In the spirit of Frida, I wanted to address that hard things can happen to us and we are not as fragile as we may believe.



I love how I went from spray paint to collage in this Season.


I used some mists here and I love the dimensions they add.


I hope you enjoyed this Season and it brought you to some interesting places. I know it did for me. This was for sure one of my top five Seasons. I'm going to use the break to work on some collaboration journals and some secret projects.

***********************

Get Messy Art Journal is an art journaling program/community. We are a group of like minded art journalers who have come together under this art form to learn, share, practice our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. Our community values consistent creating, encouragement and support and trying new things. We would love to have you join us as a member of Get Messy Art Journal. Join Get Messy now!

2 commentaires:

  1. Amazing pages Vanessa! I get so mad about how insensitive some people are, I would never, ever comment about someone being pregnant unless it is extremely obvious. You never know peoples stories. Another thing I get mad over is when people scanning over the belly area very obviously to check if you are pregnant. So glad that you could get past that insensitive remark. And the porcelain/steel spread - ooooooh

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. What a jerk! I totally agree with Jen above ^^^

    And secret project? Ooooh ;)

    RépondreSupprimer

Template designed by Rainy Day