vendredi 10 mars 2017

Get Messy Season of Art 101 || 05

This week, as for the other ones in this season, I did a supplies swatch. I pulled out all my pens and tested them on two pages in my journal. My favourites are the Uni-balls. 


The first page I did was for the prompt relating to what made us want to be artists. My approach was so use my pens to draw all my favourite artists. Represented here (there are more of course) are: Klimt, Magritte, Frida, Riopelle, Gorey, Schele, Basquiat, Ji and Mucha. I loved making this homage.


I tested out some watercolours and did a mini-teaching lesson to a friend of mine. This was a way of documenting how the paint reacted using the different techniques.


After reading Elizabeth's great tutorial, I was inspired to make this page, the one with all the techniques since the start of the season mixed in. There is gouache, watercolor, line work, texture and marker in here! I also integrated two of Elizabeth's ideas, drawing a mirrored image based on another one and completing an image.


Here are some close ups of the texture.



And for the final spread, I decided to get inspired by the colors in these magazine pages and do some line work.


I added some roses to the image and a quote from the Little Prince about the rose.


I glued down the page only partially because I liked the two sides so much. I did some roses on the watercolor pages, working in the repetitive motif.


I can't wait to check out all your pages!

***********************

Get Messy Art Journal is an art journaling program/community. We are a group of like minded art journalers who have come together under this art form to learn, share, practice our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. Our community values consistent creating, encouragement and support and trying new things. We would love to have you join us as a member of Get Messy Art Journal. Join Get Messy now!

4 commentaires:

  1. These are wonderful, Vanessa. So inspiring! I especially LOVE the one with all the artists who have inspired you. XO

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. LOVE your artist page! Oh and the colors on that last page are so dreamy and flowy!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Gorgeous! I especially love the watercoloured page with all the colours blending together and your 'homage' xx

    RépondreSupprimer

Template designed by Rainy Day