vendredi 3 mars 2017

Get Messy Season of Art 101 || 04

Week four of Season of Art 101 and we are playing with felt tips and lines. I don't really own markers. Well, I do but I don't really use them in my art journal so I gave them to my kids a couple of months ago. When Julia's tutorial came up, I fished out my Staedtler markers from the crayon box! I started with a few swatches.


And then I dove right in to the prompt about our life. It was so much fun! Of course I couldn't put everything in there, but the important elements are there.


I love the chaos of these doodles and the play between the different colors.


I am challenging myself to make one spread each week that encompasses all of the previous weeks' techniques. Here is that page for this week. I associated it with the prompt about using lines to represent how we feel right now.


This spread has, texture, watercolors, acrylics and line work!


I used an image from a magazine that I drew on. I love the end result.


For my last spread, I used a gouache background and decided to try out Jennifer's line writing. Beyoncé came up because I am making a dedicated art journal to Lemonade.


***********************

Get Messy Art Journal is an art journaling program/community. We are a group of like minded art journalers who have come together under this art form to learn, share, practice our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. Our community values consistent creating, encouragement and support and trying new things. We would love to have you join us as a member of Get Messy Art Journal. Join Get Messy now!

1 commentaire:

Template designed by Rainy Day