vendredi 24 février 2017

Get Messy Season of Art 101 | 03

When I fist started art journaling, I went to an art store in Hong Kong and bought a whole bunch of Golden acrylic paint. Little did I know this would spark a love affair with their products. Some of the bottles I bought then are here in Beijing with me. I just love their creamy texture. Since then, I've tried other brands but Golden will forever be my fave. I picked out my favourite colors for the naming prompt.


Some of the colors I have reminded me of specific travels, or a certain moment in my life. That brought me back to the idea of synesthesia and I decided to associate these memories (sights, smells, textures) to the colors I had chosen. I loved doing this.


I have three other spreads to share today. The first one is a blended background type of page. Sometimes, I just need the act of blending paint, spreading the color on the page. Sometimes the process is all I am looking for. I added a 'peel and reveal' type of collage on the left.


As I mentioned when I posted this page on IG, each week I am making a spread where I am combining all the techniques from the first one. So this spread has watercolors, texture and a whole lot of different acrylic layers to it. (Stencil by Roxanne Coble)


And this final page came from watching Pam's lovely tutorial. I loved working this way, especially because it is so different from how I usually work. My problem is I tend to fall in love with backgrounds and I never want to cover stuff up! So for the white here, I mixed acrylic paint with lots of water so I could have the background peek through.


Here is the making of that pages, step-by-step:







I am looking forward to re-reading Misty's very informative post and trying out new things following Katie's examples. Thanks for coming by.

************************

Get Messy Art Journal is an art journaling program/community. We are a group of like minded art journalers who have come together under this art form to learn, share, practice our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. Our community values consistent creating, encouragement and support and trying new things. We would love to have you join us as a member of Get Messy Art Journal. Join Get Messy now!

4 commentaires:

  1. Every page is so you. I love every little detaile you've added!

    www.alek-z.com

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I love the names of your paint colors!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. All of these are so gorgoues! Your colour names are so lovely.

    RépondreSupprimer

Template designed by Rainy Day