mercredi 30 novembre 2016

Lunacy Phases | 03

Last week, both Robyn and I were travelling, so we skipped our Lunacy Phases project. But we are back full force this week. I really enjoy this type of art journaling! 

The Maiden:





'Poupée' means doll. We tend to think little girls are fragile, pretty things but they are also very strong especially in their sense of self.


My daughter is in a hurry to grow up! But I want to tell her that it's ok to be a girl, a teen and not jump ahead too fats.


The Mother:


The image above addresses the fact that we are often selfless as mothers and forget that taking care of ourselves is also very important. 'Self' card by LifeLovePaper.


The mother is also about being a woman, about letting yourself be open to love and commitment. This line in The Little Prince is one of my favourites: 'But if you come at just any time, I shall never know at what hour my heart is to be ready to greet you. We needs rituals''.



The Crone:


Accepting one's sensuality/sexuality. That it is complex, complete, deep and good.


The image of the purple hat comes from a story I read about a woman wanting to wear a purple hat that she loves. But she never wears it because she fears she'll damage it or lose it, but really it's because she's afraid of what others will say. And then she becomes older and doesn't care anymore and wears it and it brings her so much joy. So there. Don't wait, just wear that hat!


Yes, that is me, the keeper of stories.


Just a few pages left in these.


Thank you for stopping by.

2 commentaires:

  1. This is sooo good, Vanessa! I love how every page has a story and deep meaning behind it. It would be a great book on womanhood! :)

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you Sasha. Our exploration of Maiden, Mother, Crone is exactly that!

      Supprimer

Template designed by Rainy Day