vendredi 19 août 2016

Get Messy Season of Music || 03

The Season of Music is turning into the Season of Lyrics for me! I have been exploring old songs in my art journal. Here is my first spread. The 'what is a day without a night' question reminded me of this Concrete Blonde song. 






As for the second prompt, I don't have one theme song. I do have a theme theme (?). A lot of the songs that move me or whose lyrics I applied to my own life are songs that tell a story. Most times, for me anyway, that story relates to the passage from girl to woman. Not sure that transition is complete yet, but it is definitely something that I envision as being a leitmotiv in the songs I listen to.


The lettering isn't mine, I fussy cut it from a magazine. On the left, there are two songs. Maybe you can identify the artists? The first one:


And the second:


 If there is one song that is really close to being a theme song it is My Body is a Cage by Arcade Fire:



I added this vintage photo from the same album as the one I share on week 1. because I once again wanted to show both sides, I decided to use packing tape to seal it and to insert it into the spread. 


I love the 'papillon' (butterfly) and 'chrysanthème' (chrysanthemum) and 1928 that peek through the back of the photo.


On this page, I used packing tape flowers as the spine of my skeleton. I turned the rib cage into a birdcage.


I added the lyrics on the right.


I loved Katie's tutorial so much! Look at this luscious galaxy!


 In love with the accidental constellations.




As I share every week, here are some more pages from my Sound of Silence journal.









***************

Get Messy Art Journal is an art journaling program/community. We are a group of like minded art journalers who have come together under this art form to learn, share, practice our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. Our community values consistent creating, encouragement and support and trying new things. We would love to have you join us as a member of Get Messy Art Journal. Join Get Messy now!

5 commentaires:

  1. Your journals remind me of why I want to art journal. Always managing to put your truth in your journals, and look awesome too !

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Radiohead! Their music is everlasting. Great pages, really really inspiring. I love the flower band girl a lot!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. So much art work this week! I absolutely love the sketched out people on the black background; I can't imagine how long they took to draw, but it was well worth the effect. Beautiful, all of it!!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. De la première à la dernière page, les frissons ont augmenté. Je trouve que depuis que tu es en Chine, tes pages sont encore plus pêchues ! J'adore !

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Season of lyrics for me as well!!!! Love the your lady in the last image she is fab :)

    RépondreSupprimer

Template designed by Rainy Day