vendredi 3 juin 2016

Prepping for Get Messy's Season of Introspection

We are gearing up for the Season of Introspection at Get Messy. It starts next week! I'm very excited to dive in. I wanted to try something different and to work in an altered picture book. So I looked through the ones we have at home (we are moving so I had to do that anyway) and found a great book to alter.


Swan Lake is one of those stories that just stays with you; full of love, villains and drama. Totally my kind of story! I love the size of children's books for altering: there aren't too many pages. I think a Season will fit nicely here.


The illustrations are lovely. One page has a full page image and the facing page has the text.




The pages are square and quite big which will be a great challenge. My only 'worry' is that the pages are quite thin and that they are glossy. I may have to do some preparation with clear gesso to reinforce them.


I already have plans for these pages! I want to keep parts of these gorgeous drawings.



I can't wait to get started! 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Template designed by Rainy Day