vendredi 27 mai 2016

Time to Focus


So 'focus' is my One Little Word for this year. We are moving to Beijing on July 10th. I have so much to do until then. Art stuff. Paperwork stuff. Moving across the globe stuff. 

I'm using my Get To Work Book to stay on top of it. I am really focusing on certain elements that I want to carry on with. Namely my art commitments: my 52 Pick-Up, my 100 Explorations, the Color Chaos journals, the Awesome Ladies project and some notebooks I am making for a local store to sell. These commitments I will make in advance and schedule on the blog until the end of July. Mostly because I do not know when we will have access to internet when we arrive in Beijing.

The other page in the photo above holds all of the administrative stuff I have to do. Buy plane tickets. Organise all of the paperwork for Khaleesi to come with us. Register the kids in their new school. Prepare and schedule 2 moves and figure out what stays in storage. This is no joke. I'm already exhausted by that page. Red tape kills me.

Which is why I really need to focus on both sides of my brain and person until we leave. I will do my best to fulfill all my commitments because that is who I am. But if it's a little more quiet here, you'll know why.

Get Messy I will commit to on a weekly basis. That community is so important to me! I am keeping minimal supplies and my art journal with me and will be participating fully in the next Season. In fact, I'm counting on it to keep me sane!

8 commentaires:

  1. Nothing beats paper for serious planning. Glad to hear that Khaleesi gets to go to Beijing too! Hope the red tape isn't too much of a headache for you all. I'm with you on the weekly Get Messy to keep me sane. Thanks for the peek into your planner and your life. xx

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. we would not leave without The Mother of Dragons!

      Supprimer
  2. So much to do! I love the way the Get to Work book encourages me to use both sides of my brain. I'm sending good vibes to you as you plan and execute the move ❤️

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Love this. I tend to do art/blogging/crafting stuff when I'm not stressed or busy... but I, probably like most people, am stressed or busy a lot of the time, so it doesn't end up happening as much as I'd like. This is a great reminder to me to keep up the crafting even when there are other life to-do's on my plate.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Oh my, most of us would be exhausted just working with the logistics of your move let alone all your other crafty commitments! Lists, lists & more lists, I'lll be thinking of you 💕

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. i really don't know how you do it.. moving your whole life arcoss the globe.. and then back again!
    yay for not being a total mess! =)

    RépondreSupprimer

Template designed by Rainy Day