mercredi 25 mai 2016

Color Chaos || The Blue Mama

The Blue Mama, which belongs to Karen, was quite a challenge for me. I think it's the format, working in landscape is always trickier for me. But I was excited to dive in (pun intended!) and came up with the following pages.

This first one is a collaborative effort, I added in some circles.


This one I left purposely unfinished for someone to add to it if they wanted.


This one has a secret message and doodles...it glows in the dark!


I put in a gelli print experiment (on the right) and some cool texture.


Blue reminds me of water, so I wrote out some names of geographic types of water in French and English.


I love the idea of keeping a journal as much as I love keeping one. Does that make sense?


Some thoughts about blue. I used this turtle that Katie made or found? I paired it with a magazine photo on top of which I put some modelling paste through a stencil.


And finally an ephemera page. 


I hope you enjoyed this blue journey. be sure to check out the other amazing artists in our Color Chaos circle : Sharon, Julia, Katie, Karen, Patricia and Lauren. You can also take a look at the #gmcolorchaos on Instagram to see all of the work we have been doing. These journals are getting so full!!!

3 commentaires:

  1. omg, a glow in the dark page? VANESSA! I must try this.


    -Also- The turtle was just part of the fabric already, but I embossed the little designs on it. ;)

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. i love that turtle Katie!

      GLOW IN THE DARK FOREVERRRRRR!

      Supprimer
  2. I cannot wait to get my hands on this!! I love what you have done, it makes me feel all serene

    RépondreSupprimer

Template designed by Rainy Day