jeudi 18 février 2016

Art journaling as a form of prayer

My sister is pregnant - something she has wanted for so long - with twins to boot. But it is a high-risk pregnancy. We all have been on an emotional roller-coaster, and her and her husband most of all, trying to make sure these girls are born and have a chance at a healthy life. Lately there have been some difficult moments. So I made this page for her, for them. It's called Stay (you are loved).


I'm an atheist (or pantheist); in any case, I don't pray. Not in the sense of praying to someone/ something/ to many in the hopes of having that entity hear me. But I do believe in the power of holding up our own through our thoughts.


Supporting them by channelling our energies on our loved ones. I believe that we can give hope and strength in this way.


That is what I'm doing here. Sending them my good vibes, making sure my sister knows the she is surrounded by our love and support. Concentrating on these girls's hearts and faces so they keep growing and stay strong so I can meet them.


Shared with her permission.

4 commentaires:

  1. Cette page est très symbolique et je la trouve superbe !

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. So beatiful V! And what special babies to hold so much love already :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. This is very special, it conveys your love for your sister and her babies so beautifully and your wish/prayer and hopes for them.Ireally hope all is well and am sending good vibes to you, to send to your sister. The more the better right? <3

    RépondreSupprimer

Template designed by Rainy Day