jeudi 31 décembre 2015

V's 52 portraits || bonus



Golden

We don't know what the future holds for us. 2015 was a wonderful year for me, full of creative adventures, the closing of old wounds, new job opportunities and new friendships. My One Little Word was 'commit' and it served me well. Here is hoping that 2016 will be just as nourishing. It will be a pivotal year for me with our move to Beijing. I had picked a Word for 2016, but changed my mind only two days ago. My One Little Word for this coming year will be 'focus' because I really need to be careful about how much I take on at a time. Spending a day with someone in my family and seeing that person multitask in the worst way (i.e. not being present at all even though we were only with them for a short time) made me realize that I do that sometimes too. I hate the way it makes me feel and I would hate to make my loved ones feel like that. So I want to focus on the task at hand (something I learned in Caylee's Level Up class) and be more efficient and be more in the moment for it.

I have to plan an international move, get rid of a whole bunch of stuff, divide our belongings into storage bound and overseas bound, learn some mandarin, enjoy these last few months here, be with my kids, work at my job and get in some creative me time. The only way that all of this can happen is if I focus and get organised. So let's do this.

I want to wish you a creative, fulfilling 2016. Thank you for coming to this space, thank you for the sense of community that I get from reading your comments and interacting with you. Thank you for your inspiration. A toast to 2016: happy New Year to one and all!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Template designed by Rainy Day