jeudi 10 décembre 2015

Get Messy Season of Magic | 04

Hello friends. I must admit I ran out of time this week. I have ideas swirling but not enough time to let them out of my brain. Where is a Pensieve when you need one? So I am a little unhappy with my first spread. I wanted it to do a journal spread that was in Essie's style but with my own touch. So, naturally, I used tissue paper.


The overall look is ok, but not as good as I thought it would be. I added the words because I needed something in all that empty space. But, I don't know, although they are true I'm not feeling them.


The only cool thing about this spread is the self-portrait I took and printed on Dura-lar. It's a semi transparent surface. It's a dream to draw on and cut out and I was pleasantly surprised at how well I could print on it. The only problem was that the ink of my photo tended to smudge. So I covered it with some packing tape and I love the look. Packing tape is another favorite.


Anyway, on to my second spread which I adore. With the flap closed.


And open.


The words are by Charles Bukowski, Let it Enfold You.




I love these creatures and magical beings that have appeared in my journal.





And that gold. Magic. You have to let it in.


************************




Get Messy Art Journal is gang of crafty vixens who are sharing art journal pages we have created to practice our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. We support and encourage one another on this journey of creating and learning and we would love for you to join us too

10 commentaires:

  1. I love your floating people from your second spread - they look like they are in a pensieve. Little memories and pieces of you floating around... <3

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. thanks Jules, it feels quite spontaneous.

      Supprimer
  2. This colour palette makes my heart boom boom.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Your drawings are always on point. So inspired!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. The words on your second page are just fantastic. so on point. And your drawings coming out of the watercolor is obviously pure magic.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. thank you so much for saying so Katie. Really wasn't sure this week...

      Supprimer
  5. Flaps, beautiful colours, great words & magical creatures...just gorgeous! & & I love tissue paper, will have to investigate Dura-lar.

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. I'm discovering so many new and exciting techniques since joining Get Messy. I've never heard of Dura-lar but am about to find out. I love all of these spreads. But especially the creatures that have come to life in the second spread.

    RépondreSupprimer

Template designed by Rainy Day