mardi 15 décembre 2015

A Woodland Zine for Julia

Oh, we are a sneaky bunch. We zined our Zine Squad Leader Julia!!! Katie had the brilliant idea to make a woodland zine for our lovely Jules. It was so much fun to catch her unawares. She was thrilled and I must say we had loads of fun making it. This time, Katie and I recruited Torrie and Lauren to our team. Honestly it was one of my favorite zines to make. Julia's love for foxes and the forest made it almost easy.

I was third in line to get the zine, after Torrie and Katie. The pages were so amazing! I got stage fright for one of the first times! My page is on the right and I believe the left one is by Katie. I'm a big fan of The Little Prince and I just love the way the fox is drawn in that book.


Here is my full double spread. I used bits of various ephemera that I stuck on a painted background,


My page is on the left here and I think I recognize Torrie's calligraphy skills on the right. The haiku on my page is from Stephen King's It (one of my favorite books).


And finally, how can we make a Woodland Zine and not have Thoreau in there? Impossible. Julia, I'll be honest, I almost kept the zine! But this is so you, we are super happy you love it.


Now go take a look at everyone's pages (just click on their names): 
and Julia!


4 commentaires:

  1. It's so nice to see what pages are yours. I recognised the little prince fox and knew he must of come from you :) I'm not surprised you nearly kept it, it's the best one you've done!! (biased) <3

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Loved being part of this co-lab! I loved your pages Vanessa and I must admit I felt the same with a nearly finished zine on my hands it nearly never made it to Julia. Thanks for recruiting me- you and Ju are my art girl crushes x

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Vanessa, your pages are amazing as always! :) I LOVE that last Thoreau page, it's so pretty and has all the feels.

    RépondreSupprimer

Template designed by Rainy Day