jeudi 5 novembre 2015

Get Messy Season of Words|| 07

Hello lovelies. The Season of Words has officially ended, but I am following the shiny ball and letting everything that has to come out pour onto paper. Ironically, I'm not using that many words! Here we go. I made another pop-up style page:


I love all the possibilities that a bound book offers. The journal is the medium.


For me, a bound book is the best conduit. It wouldn't be the same with a spiral bound journal or loose pages. I used an assortment of ephemera for the background images.


Around the center figure I put some sequins and packing tape. Lifting the triangular sides reminds me of a childhood game where there would be a dare or a wish under each folded triangle. I may add some in later.


 The next spread has a favorite line from Hozier's Take me to Church.



Another spread, another song lyric. This time, Sia's beautiful 'Elastic Heart'. The incredible painted torso is a photo of a piece I saw in Hong Kong by Simon Birch, one of my favorite artists.


It's on a washi hinge that hides the rest of my words.


 A bright, simple page using papel picado (cut out tissue paper) from San Miguel.


I expanded my Alice story...White Jackalope vs Cheshire Tattooed Cat. Stickers from RedBubble.


 Pressed flowers (from my maid of honor bouquet from my sister's wedding).


It seems Alice went with the White Rabbit in the end.


She has been invited to tea. Oh dear, they do look like a gossiping bunch.


 Whatever shall she wear?


The pocket holds Alice's 'cartes de visite' (calling cards). She'll need those to impress the ladies.


'One lump or two?' (paper doll by Amy Earles). Alice's outfit was spot on.


 I wouldn't trust the tea bush.


Then comes a series of collages. A Dark Romance.


 Bleached Bones and Albino Crow.


Palmistry and Jumbled Thoughts. This is directly inspired by Lauren Blood's incredible stream of consciousness page.


Roses Make Men Normal. A blackout poem.



And the finale, I cut out a heart at the center of 5 pages, leaving the center as is (much like I did for my words a couple of weeks ago). I spinkled some glitter around the flower and taped it down with packing tape.



I decorated the pages and the hearts differently so that there would be a play on patterns when you would turn the pages.





I think it makes it playful! This whole Season has been great to use up my scrap stash. Next week, I'll have a flip through of my whole altered book. Thanks for looking!

*******************************



Get Messy Art Journal is gang of crafty vixens who are sharing art journal pages we have created to practice our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. We support and encourage one another on this journey of creating and learning and we would love for you to join us too

4 commentaires:

  1. You're an art journalling machine! Love it all, as per usual <3

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. J'en ai pris plein les yeux et j'ai le souffle coupé !! Réellement ! Le mot "magnifique" n'est pas adapté et toutes les pages ne me font pas le même effet, mais c'est tout bonnement sidérant. Quel plaisir de voir ces pages. Mais où trouves-tu toutes images ? Quand je feuillette les tonnes de magazines que j'achète je ne trouve pas autant de femmes si... de paysages aussi... troublants. Voilà c'est le mot que je cherchais pour définir les images mais aussi ton travail. Troublant !
    StephanieGab (Jamulie5 sur Instagram)

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Gosh, the heart cut out is amazing and so inspiring. and I absolutely love the Elastic Heart spread. Oh, and the "Pray for these Pests" is so symbolic.. I love the way the text of the book interacts with the art on the pages and adds metaphorical meaning to the spreads -- that's my favorite part about using an altered book. Carry on with the amazingness <3

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. I love each page, skull bush, glitter clover flower ..amazing and Take me to church is perfect

    RépondreSupprimer

Template designed by Rainy Day