jeudi 26 novembre 2015

Get Messy Season of Magic || 02

This Season has started off with a bang for me. Magic is a big part of my daily existence and I am very glad to be delving into its imagery for these prompts. Here is the first spread, for the dark/light magic prompt.


Same one, with the flap open.


I hold this to be true. Censorship is never a good idea in my view. It shows the weakness of your position if you are so scared of a little thing called knowledge bringing it all crashing down around you. Better to let people make up their minds and discuss it afterwards.


The whole witch hunt thing is a perfect example of men destroying what they feel they cannot control. There is still too much of that going on even now.


A closer look at the flap witch.


I shared a teaser of this one this weekend. My Mystic Jackalope came by.


Paired with the perfect song lyrics by Unkle.



I got this washi paper in a store in Tokyo. They have been making it since 1794.


 This is my bright fairy spread.



Unfortunately, the glitter I added on top of all the pages made the paper ripple. I was slightly bummed at that. Still pretty though.


The flap opens to reveal these other images.


 That strip of pink/red is from my last spread. The paint leaked through and I love it.


The photo of the boy with the fireflies is artwork by Ray Ceasar.


And my final spread is for the litterature prompt. I do have a thing for a dark and brooding bad guy....Marten Broadcloak/Randall Flagg, Roland Deschain, Loki, Dracula, Alcide Herveaux, etc. 


Oh yes.


Thanks for coming by!

*******************************************


Get Messy Art Journal is gang of crafty vixens who are sharing art journal pages we have created to practice our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. We support and encourage one another on this journey of creating and learning and we would love for you to join us too

6 commentaires:

  1. Ah, V your pages are always so inspiring! Love that jackalope! Your ephemera is to be envied too :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I'm always amazed by how many fab pages you make each week Vanessa, really love the first one with the flap & beautiful purple, the journaling is pretty special as well!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. thank you for coming by and taking the time to read, I really appreciate it

      Supprimer
  3. l love all your hidden imagery and the glitter - divine. Your handwriting is so beautiful too! J'adore!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. merci! I really worked on trying new calligraphy techniques

      Supprimer

Template designed by Rainy Day