jeudi 22 octobre 2015

Get Messy Season of Words || 05

Hi hi! Hope you all had a lovely week! It's getting quite busy around here with Halloween coming up and kids's birthday parties and fall break and all that jazz. I'm quickly losing light in the evenings which makes taking good pictures harder and harder. Managed to sneak these in just in time!

So this week was very interesting with the 'cover up that bad with the good' prompt. I did this but I changed it up a little. I'm lucky enough that no one has said such bad things about my art or my need to be creative. So I adapted the prompt to writing down how a situation made me feel and putting these strong words on top. 


I wanted to make a bold statement so I painted the words on a double page in black gesso. Once dry, I cut out the words but leaving the center binding intact. I wrote down everything I had to get out on the pages behind these words and then covered them up with photos and doodling. Here is how they look once finished.


I have been hoarding these images of the woman below for four years, I got them in a magazine in Hong Kong. I love her determined look. And there had to be some Taylor Swift lyrics in there.



I love the kind of 'peek-a-boo' effect that the words add to the pages underneath.



I'm also continuing the visual themes from last week's retelling of Alice. I think that skulls, roses and queens are definitely a recurring theme in this altered book.


 Here is a quick Hyperlapse of me turning the pages. This may better explain my technique!

video

 Thank you for coming by. x

************************************


Get Messy Art Journal is gang of crafty vixens who are sharing art journal pages we have created to practice our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. We support and encourage one another on this journey of creating and learning and we would love for you to join us too

13 commentaires:

  1. Vanesse, c'est poignant ce que tu fais sortir de ton crâne et ton âme. T'es surprenante ! - Heike

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Vaness'a', désolée - Heike

      Supprimer
    2. Merci Heike, vraiment vos mots me touchent :)

      Supprimer
  2. Vanessa, i love your art and your creativity is so inspiring, thank u ;) Lucia

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I want to make a pop up book thing too! This just confirms my belief that you need to create a children's book for adults!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. I want to make a pop up book thing too! This just confirms my belief that you need to create a children's book for adults!

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Such powerful pages Vanessa. I would love to try that idea with the words cut out too.

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. I love your innovative approach to the prompts -- these pages are really stunning <3

    RépondreSupprimer

Template designed by Rainy Day