jeudi 1 octobre 2015

Get Messy Season of Words || 02

Hello lovelies! I am back from my wonderful trip to San Miguel (more on that next week). I'm jumping into the Season of Words. I have to admit I'm a little thrown. I've made an altered book before and it was a place for me to use ephemera and scrapbooking supplies that I wouldn't normally use. So the pages I'm sharing today feel a lot more scrapbook-y to me than art journal-y. Know what I mean?


My book is about growing roses so I pulled out lots of flower ephemera for this Season. We'll see as we go along how it will take shape. I'm in full-on painting mode since my workshop so I'm feeling like these pages are missing something. No matter, I'm in for the ride.


I love this paragraph so I decided to highlight it. This kind of thinking probably applies to other elements in our lives...


For the second spread, I meshed the hoarded paper and painted background prompts because they go so well together here. 


This is my mantra. I'm always feeling the urgency of seizing this life for all it can give me. 


This hoarded paper is a screenprinted vellum piece by Life Love Paper. Its neon pink goodness just makes me happy, but is hard to photograph!



Another hoarded Life Love Paper piece is this printed transparency. I'm just adding it to this page because of the last line before that empty space:


'So, in their inimitable way, Roses make poets of us all'. P.S. : the word 'roses' is written with a capital R throughout the book and I LOVE that.


**********************



Get Messy Art Journal is gang of crafty vixens who are sharing art journal pages we have created to practice our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. We support and encourage one another on this journey of creating and learning and we would love for you to join us too

5 commentaires:

  1. That picture of you is amazing. Love the Roses too and the neon <3

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Your portrait is gorgeous! What a lovely book to work with -- I always default to flowers when doodling or painting. Love that Hugo quote, too. Powerful mantra, indeed.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. The Roses are amazing, I don't like real flowers- so I definitely like yours better! Also can we take a moment to appreciate that lovely handwriting!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. LOVE that highlighted text. And everything else.

    RépondreSupprimer

Template designed by Rainy Day