jeudi 3 septembre 2015

Get Messy Season of Serenity || 06

Hello darlings. I hope you are still enjoying the Season. Today we finally got to use the fodder we received during the Get Messy Swap. I was really stumped at first, unsure of how to use the papers I got from Kendra Smith. Of course, it was out of my comfort zone because they were different from my usual supplies.

But then, I was completely inspired by the amazing art that Heather L Murphy does. I wanted to make something like that, but didn't want to copy her. So I let myself be inspired by her work and went back to the papers I got in the exchange. I supplemented with some of my own and used my new paints from Target and from El Pato (in San Miguel).

Here is what I came up with:


The cool thing was, just as it does with my other non-prompt pages, a meaning comes out of these papers that I chose. A deeper significance. I realised I was engaged in a dialogue about this week. My first at the new job, the first school days, the change and establishing of a routine...




So there you have it. It's super different from what Heather does, but I can see where her work/technique has filtered in.


My second spread is this loveliness. I really just needed to swirl paint around and I wanted to try out my new ones. So I put in the first colors : coral, neon red and brick. 


I used some of the packing tape tranfers I made from the papers Rachel (@rainyseattle) sent me a while back.


 I love their transparency.


I finally added some black gesso and used some leftover words from Nina's printable. So there's a bit of a lot of people in this one spread!


And finally, I finished this spread which I shared last week.


Just loved layering these pieces. I added just a touch of watered down white gesso to quiet everything. 


This spread is about over-technology. I think it's really great that there are so many platforms to share and create art with. But it's getting all too much. For me.


Snapchat, Periscope, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, What's App, Blogger. Enough! I can't do it all even if I wanted to. I can't be everywhere, I can't share work that is real, actual, nourishing, inspired work, if I'm spending time looking at videos and photo feeds and virtual tours and techniques and classes and blogs.


I'm really invested in my social media. I look at everyone's pictures on my feed every day. I scroll down the whole thing. I comment, I interact. I'm just that way. I feel it's respectful to those who share their photos. I love the communities I have found, especially on Instagram. But lately, I've been feeling bombarded with new technologies, sites, things to try! It's so cool to see people so excited to watch stuff on Periscope or to participate in the What's App group.


But it's not for me. I need quiet time. To be inspired. To hear what I have to say, to see what comes to the surface not only with prompts. Time spent listening and exploring what comes from me. Not to answer a bunch of emails or leave a comment or create another account with a new username on a new plaform and so on and so on. I'm too invested in the social media I use already.


So I sometimes need to volontarily quiet the internet. I hope you understand that it's not because I don't like you. It's because it'll swallow me whole if I'm not careful.


*************************



Get Messy Art Journal is gang of crafty vixens who are sharing art journal pages we have created to practice our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. We support and encourage one another on this journey of creating and learning and we would love for you to join us too

8 commentaires:

  1. Your swap pages are great! Also, I didn't know who Heather L Murphy was so thank you for the introduction to yet another amazing collage artist <3

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. That collage ended up so incredibly beautiful.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. "Swallow me whole" isn't that the truth. I am limiting my time online too.👍🏻😊

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. You're so right about over technology & needed creative quiet time.
    I just love the collage you put together to say so, the retro feel & colours are perfect & I'm so pleased you didn't end up cutting it up....so very clever.

    RépondreSupprimer

Template designed by Rainy Day