mercredi 2 septembre 2015

A change of pace


So, I have started a new job. I am working as Casualty Identification Coordinator at the Department of National Defense for the next four months. Essentially, I'll be recovering and identifying remains of soldiers from the World Wars. As with my job at the Museum of Canadian History, there is a big measure of discretion needed to do this job. I cannot talk about the day to day activities I'll be doing. 

The reason I mention this here is that so far I've managed to have a post a day throughout the week. But my job at the Museum was part-time and had flexible hours. Now, I'll be working full-time hours. I will have less creative time and especially less time for all the behind-the-scenes stuff that goes into maintaining a blog.Therefore, I will be changing the pace here. 

There will be posts going up every Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday. The last two days are for Get Messy and for my V's 52 portrait series. The first two days are for various projects. For example, in September, I'll be sharing my 30 Days of Lists notebook every Monday.

There will be some flexibility involved, sometimes an extra Tuesday post if need be, or no Monday post, but this is the intended general rythym. I've noticed that blogs take a lot of work but that not everyone has the time to go from your IG to your blog and to read the post that you spent a half-hour on. And that is ok. I just want to make sure that I don't paint myself into a corner or try to live up to crazy high (self-) expectations.

The other thing that I'm wary about is the fact that we are entering the shorter days period of the year. Soon I'll have no natural light to take my pictures in. At the Museum, I would bring my pages to work and photograph them there, but there is little natural light in my new office. So I'll have to find a solution to this conundrum in the coming weeks. That might have an impact on the timing of my posts i.e. I may photograph my projects on the weekend.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read this and for being here!

5 commentaires:

  1. Merci à toi d'avoir pris le temps de nous expliquer tout cela. Moi je resterai une lectrice fidèle ^^ j'aime beaucoup ce que tu fais. Bon courage pour ce nouveau travail qui promet d'être passionnant. Rdv sur Get Messy ! ��

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Best of luck in your new job! I'll still be reading. ;)

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I'm not looking forward to the new shorter days either! Good luck in the new job! Can you cycle there? Xo

    RépondreSupprimer

Template designed by Rainy Day