jeudi 20 août 2015

Get Messy Season of Serenity || 04

I was so thankful for this week's prompt. Some soothing music helped my soul immensely. Here is the spread that come out of listening to Lakmé.


I used some pressed flowers that I brought with me. I sealed them in with packing tape.


An excerpt of the song, lyrics that spoke to me.


Love the layered transparency of the packing tape.




The next two spreads were done this week. If you are a Get Messian, you know what they are about. I am glad I got these emotions out on paper.


Not too serene, but they made me feel so much better.


Layers and the ties that bind.


This last one was done for the 'inspired by' prompt. I chanelled Julia and Sharon for this. I love the result!


Julia is a master at adding lines and doodles to her pages.



And Sharon rocks the florals and big letters.


I love the result. Thank you to both these ladies for being so inspiring!


*********************************


Get Messy Art Journal is gang of crafty vixens who are sharing art journal pages we have created to practice our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. We support and encourage one another on this journey of creating and learning and we would love for you to join us too.


8 commentaires:

  1. WOW. There are so many emotions that I felt while looking at your pages.

    Tell me, those packing tape sealed flowers, do you first dry them and then stick?

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. I second both of these comments !

      Supprimer
    2. I press the flowers when they are fresh, wait two-three weeks and then I tape them.

      Supprimer
  2. Ah, so good! My pages turned out to reflect our conversations last week so we must of both been feeling the subject pretty heavily in our minds. Thank you for choosing me as inspiration (!) I love seeing my little expressions and doodles through someone else's eyes, it's a great, unique feeling. Much Love ! <3 xoxo

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Awesome pages Vanessa! I love how you can express your emotions in your art journal, you are an inspiration!

    RépondreSupprimer

Template designed by Rainy Day