jeudi 6 août 2015

Get Messy Season of Serenity || 02

Second week in and I'm feeling so good about this Season. I'm usually about bright colors and full pages. I'm still about that here, but there is a calmer vibe to my spreads and I'm loving it. Here is my take on the first prompt. 





That gold is tissue paper! And did you know the word 'halcyon'?  I LOVE it! I think it may be next year's One Little Word for me....


hal·cy·on

  (hăl′sē-ən)
adj.
1. Calm and peaceful; tranquil.
2. Prosperous; golden: halcyon years.



Here is my take on the second prompt. For this one, I kept a similar color scheme.


I printed the photo of my hand on vellum and created a pocket of sorts. You pull out a vellum enveloppe with some silver webbing in it and 'galaxies of stardust' written on it. I got that particular piece in a Love Parcel.



This is my serenity. I used one of the pages Caylee sent me in an art journaling package I won last year. I also used some crackled gold washi tape.


I made a third spread because I was so inspired.


I used watercolor for the background and some torn pages from Kinfolk and Trouvé magazines.


I LOVE the Kuretake gold, bronze and pearl watercolors. This is the bronze.



This last spread is an 'avant-goût' of my portrait for Saturday...

***************


Get Messy Art Journal is gang of crafty vixens who are sharing art journal pages we have created to practice our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. We support and encourage one another on this journey of creating and learning and we would love for you to join us too.

3 commentaires:

  1. So much art journaling greatness here, I have really enjoyed using your tutorial with tissue paper and it's great seeing how you use it in your pages. I am craving the type of serenity you get on a holiday near the water and I love how you have included photos and drawing in your pages. Emily :)

    RépondreSupprimer

Template designed by Rainy Day