lundi 24 août 2015

Blue Sky in the Wild || 04

The week that just ended was the last one of our holiday. How fast those days go! I feel so very lucky to have spent so much time near the ocean. I'm sharing the sketches I made while in the car, going from New Brunswick to Maine...a 9 hour drive! I decided to document the different highway signs on the way.



I also tried my hand at clouds (not easy!) and copied the cool font on the back of a mail truck.


There were lots of different types of pine trees. I love the fact that the binding is visible on this sketch.


After all that driving we arrived at Old Orchard Beach. I sketched all of the people soaking in the sun.


We were staying in that yellow house and I also sketched my friend sleeping on the beach. I want to outline her with my Sharpie but I'm afraid she'll look too cartoon-y. What do you think?


Colorful parasols.


And, still going strong, my motel series.



I like seeing them grouped together.





Some of the kids we were staying with wanted me to draw their bathing suits drying on the line. I couldn't say no ;)



Thanks for coming by. Next week I'll share my final thoughts on this project and profess my endless love for Blue Sky Paper's journals. Because I just LOVE them.

1 commentaire:

  1. Love the motel series. They would make an excellent postcard / print all grouped together (+ the U.S mail!) Also, the pine trees are so good :) Loved this series :)

    RépondreSupprimer

Template designed by Rainy Day