samedi 11 juillet 2015

V's 52 portraits || 28

The halfway point
 
Yesterday marked one year since our return from Hong Kong and one year until we leave for Beijing. I've been thinking a lot about roots and what it means to be home. When I arrived in Hong Kong it was hard and I only wanted to come back here. To come home. But when we left after four years, it felt like I was leaving somewhere that felt like home. Returning to Canada has been wonderful, comfortable and rewarding professionally for me. But I do not have the sense that I want to stay here forever. When you travel, you see how big the world really is and you feel like maybe home is elsewhere, maybe your roots are meant to be up in the air so than they can settle for a while in a place, explore it, be nourished by it and then spring up and go to another place. Maybe I am more of a nomad than I thought.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Template designed by Rainy Day