samedi 4 juillet 2015

V's 52 portraits || 27


Adulescente.

The word above is a contraction of the word 'adulte' and 'adolescente' in French. It is used to describe an adult who refuses to act as such and wants to stay a teenager. This is how I feel most of the time. 40? In my mind I'm still 25. These are my vintage toys, the ones I don't let my children play with. I still use stickers. I love paper dolls. Candy is my kryptonite. Stories about the passage into adulthood (like The Virgin Suicides, His dark Materials, Her Fearful Symmetry, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The Last Unicorn and even Inside Out) make me cry. This is probably why I love the Vampire myth so much. Eternal youth? Yes please.

*photo credit goes to my husband

2 commentaires:

  1. Such a great picture! And it is basically how I feel - eternal youth! (is there a unicorn smiley??)

    RépondreSupprimer

Template designed by Rainy Day