vendredi 3 juillet 2015

Packing tape transfers

On Tuesday I received some happy mail from my friend Rachel. It included this unicorn and some pretty amazing calendar images.
 

I decided to make some packing tape transfers so I'd be able to use the images in my art journal and collage.
 

I got my daughter involved and we turned it into a fun activity. I love the transparency this technique gives the images.
 




The look you get is imperfect and different according to the background.
 



There are many tutorials online for this technique, but here's a little reminder.
 

1- find magazine images you like (preferably glossy paper) and place a strip of packing tape on them

2- put the images in a warm tub of water and let them soak about 10 minutes

3- roll your fingers on the backside of the tape, the paper will roll/ peel off. Keep working at it until there are no more paper fibers.

4- set to dry and voilà!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Template designed by Rainy Day