vendredi 31 juillet 2015

My travel journal kit

Hey! Tonight I am off for a three week vacation. I cannot wait! I thought I'd share what I'm bringing along with me. I have two projects going on during this time : my watercolor nature sketchbook (#blueskyinthewild) and Get Messy's Season of Serenity.

To carry my stuff in and because I don't want to bring too much, I'm using this old plastic carrying folder thingy. I've had it since high school.


It is sturdy and about 8 1/2 by 11 and 2 inches deep, so a good size. As you can see, I've often used it as a table while I'm glueing stuff.


So here is everything I'm bringing with me. So much paper goodness! I went through my stash with the theme of our season (Serenity) in mind and pulled out what appealed to me. Then I culled out a few pieces and came up with this lot.


On the left, I have a few magazine pages, full ones and snippets too. I chose some vintage photos to bring along. On the bottom right are a few watercolor paper strips, left over from when I made my art journal. I used some mist and watercolor on them.


I also have some Japanese paper (chiyogami) and different types of transparencies, including some photos I printed on vellum.


In the middle are some papers I got from paper packs by LifeLovePaper and Katie Licht. I also have some vintage wallpaper there.


I'm also bringing one of my favorite supplies : tissue paper! I have four brushes, two washi tapes, some scissors, my Sakura watercolor travel set and the Peerless one my friend Cynthia gave me (under the Sakura). The roll of packing tape is a staple. I use it to seal in flowers, sequins and to make packing tape transfers.


I managed to fit it all in my folder! I'll be bringing along a few acrylic paints. The Payne's Gray (my favorite color) and Titanium White I will put in smaller containers.


The book with 'Art' on it is my art journal. Beneath it you see my Rustic Artisan by Blue Sky papers. The rabbit pouch holds all of my tools.


After I took these photos, I realised I had forgotten the pens! Here they are (top to bottom) : Sharpie Pen, Uni-Ball signo (I may bring a white one too), Varsity pen (with watersoluble ink) and my Pentel brush.


I am good to go! Take a look at my Instagram feed for my daily adventures. I'll be blogging here regularly too.


(for some reason my photos are slightly out of focus. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to reshoot them, sorry about that!)

An added note : I'm going analog for this trip!


On the left my brand new / old polaroid and on the right, my grandfather's Nikkormat. I can't wait!

5 commentaires:

  1. Those cameras!!! (be still my beating heart) xo

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Looks amazing! Photos on vellum!?!?

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Ce commentaire a été supprimé par l'auteur.

      Supprimer
    2. yes, just load your printer with vellum paper. Mind blown! (I think Caylee has lots of tutorials on this technique on her blog)

      Supprimer

Template designed by Rainy Day