vendredi 26 juin 2015

Handmade commemorative book

Here is the secret project I was working on for the last two weeks : a handmade birthday commemorative book. My very close friend turned 40 last week, but we had her party on the 23rd. For her present, I got everyone to send me a folded legal page with their 'best of' on it. I then constructed a book from an old book cover and heavy cardboard.
 

Decorating the cover was fun. I used some of my Chiyogami paper and others that remind me of her.
 

I just love the cuttings from this project!
 

I drew her on the front. The spine I reconstructed using a cardboard backing from some Project Life page protectors. Waste not want not!
 


I punched multiple holes in the spine for the pages.

 
I bound three papers per row of holes.

 
It looked so awesome.


I covered the inside covers with vintage sewing patterns.
 

Since I didn't receive all of the pages in time, I had to figure out a stitch that I could add to later in time and not have it unravel. So I went with a simple pamphlet stitch.
 



Now she has a colorful book filled with pages made by her friends and family, about their relationship with her.


I think she loved it :)
 

2 commentaires:

Template designed by Rainy Day