jeudi 11 juin 2015

Get Messy Season of Adventure || 02

Good morning lovelies. As those of you who participate in the Get Messy group already know, I am hosting an art journaling game on the private blog. The game is the adventure, so there are no prompts this week. This has enabled me to work on some non-prompt based pages that I will show you.
 

This first page emerged after I noticed that last week's fabric was larger than my journal. So I folded the image and the fabric over onto the new page. The colors on the left inspired some of the colors you see in the spread.
 

I LOVE how this woman turned out. I'll be sharing a video on Instagram.
 
 
I used an very old packing tape transfer that I made while I still lived in Hong Kong. I love the transparency.

 
I used some modeling paste through my favorite stencil by Orly Avineri. That texture is so inviting to me.


 

There are a lot of nooks and crannies to explore in this spread, many little stories to discover, lots of different techniques to touch and feel.


The second spread took me 4 days to complete...and I had a frustrating thing happen just as it was time to photograph it! Here is how it looked. Just before I took the photos, I sprayed a sealant on the pages because I used some charcoal on her face and I didn't want it to rub off on the facing page.


Unfortunately, the spray mucked up my journaling on the right!
 
 
I really love the different elements I used in this spread. I pulled old photos, paper strips, vintage letters, even scrapbooking elements for the headdress. I used tissue paper, gesso, charcoal, oil pastels and acrylic paint for her face.
 



So what did I do about the journaling? I rewrote it on some ledger paper and covered up the part that was damaged.
 

And you know what? I think I like this version better ! Which one do you prefer?


Just to be certain not to muck it up a second time...I stapled it ! (have I mentionned my love for stapling, yet?)
 

Thank you for coming by...now I'm off to see other Get Messian's pages!

**********************************
 
 
 
Get Messy Art Journal is gang of crafty vixens who are sharing art journal pages we have created to practice our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. We support and encourage one another on this journey of creating and learning and we would love for you to join us too.

4 commentaires:

  1. All of these techniques on one page make my heart happy to see! I like a page with lots and lots going on, and you're skeleton drawing is my favourite :) <3 Always so inspiring!!!!! :D

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Colours, textures, details and a stories, these pages are amazing. Your pages inspire me so much Vanessa. Thanks for sharing them. Emily :)

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. thanks darling! I really appreciste you coming by xx

      Supprimer

Template designed by Rainy Day