samedi 2 mai 2015

V's 52 portraits || 18


Produce
 
As an archaeologist, I tend to grow roots. I like digging in the dirt. I like the feel of the earth under my fingernails and wondering what will appear after the next layer is peeled off. Growing your own food is a process I have only touched upon in the years before we became nomadic. I loved it. Knowing that you are eating something that you grew yourself ...there is power in that fact. And pride. And lots of humility when half of your produce garden is taken over by earwigs (I hate those guys). I know of very little that is more satisfying than kneeling on the ground and teasing something out of it. Something whole. One day I'll have a vegetable garden again.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Template designed by Rainy Day