jeudi 28 mai 2015

Get Messy Season of Brave || Wrap up

I have been feeling a little out of sorts art journaling wise. I'm not sure why. Maybe I feel a little overwhelmed creatively with all of the classes/workshops/design teams I'm participating in? Maybe it's my 9 to 5 job that is taking away creative time? Maybe it's the fact that I'm in a new art journal? I'm not sure.
 
So for this week, I decided to take. my. time. Slow it down. Work on a page for more than a few minutes. Let it sit and simmer. It felt really good.
 

These ladies appeared after I had done the dripping background.
 

My Unfinished Spirits are definitely showing up in this spread.
 


There are a few layers, not too many, but enough to add depth to my spread. And some shimmer too.
 


I spent some time with each woman. Making her dress. Drawing her face. Not planning it out, but letting the ink dictate the features. I used china ink and my calligraphy nib for their faces and hands.
 


I added the journaling part because that is what usually tells me that a spread is finished. But this one could have been complete without words.
 

Definitely loving the details.
 


Thank you for coming by. Leave me a note or any questions you may have, I read and answer each one. Bring on the Season of Adventure!
 
*****************************
 
 

Get Messy Art Journal is gang of crafty vixens who are sharing art journal pages we have created to practice our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. We support and encourage one another on this journey of creating and learning and we would love for you to join us too.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Template designed by Rainy Day