mardi 14 avril 2015

Project Life pages || March

Last week I shared February's pages. Now let's jump right in to March. This first spread is March 3rd to 8th since we came back from Cape Town on the 2nd. 
 
 
This page commemorates our return to work and our routine, but also the one year anniversary of my father's passing. I thought it fitting that I stitched my bouquet flowers on a piece of cardstock with drawn blooms on it.
 

On the 8th, we were able to enjoy the very last skate on the Rideau Canal. The next day they closed it because of the risk of the ice becoming unsafe.
 
 
The week of March 8th to 15th culminated with my big Mad Men themed 40th birthday party. I got my hair done and everything!
 

My friend and I decided to celebrate our birthdays together and it was such a blast to have a theme.
 
 
People went all out and got dressed up and I arranged a photobooth which was so cool. I just used my own camera on a tripod and I got some fun accessories for people to use.
 

After such an eventful weekend, the week from the 16th to the 22nd could only be kind of a let down. Everyone came down with a cold. None of us really felt like being productive. It was just one of those weeks.


We are also eagerly awaitng Spring. Unfortunately, the solstice came and went with little hope of that coming around early!
 
 
I compensated by nourishing my new obsession : crystals. I also went shopping at a bookstore which is definitely therapy for the soul.
 
 
After such a blah week, I wanted to add an insert of sorts. I decided to feature all of the creative projects I have been working on. I documented these with the Maker cards from Life.Love.Paper at Studio Calico (from a past kit).


On this page, I've got some of the pages I made for Get Messy and Babes Send Things and a package and a custom order from my Etsy shop Vanessa's Fancy.
 
 
The other side has more Get Messy stuff, plus some Awesome Ladies Project Creative Team stuff.
 
 
I went to a lovely paper store here in Ottawa. I attached the business card to the top right with one of the brads that came in my Messy Box. Behind the 'I am a maker'card, I tucked in a card my daughter made for me. 'Cause she's a maker too.
 
 
The last spread is for March 23rd to 29th. I got a beautiful heart-shaped angel quartz crystal. Some friends came by for the week-end and we had a grand time.
 

Learning that the Germanwings airplane crashed due to the copilot's deliberate gesture was difficult to bear. I made it a part of my Thursday3 because I want to anchor these photos of our lives in the wider context of the what's happening in the world at large.

 
The week-end was spent in various indulgences including good wine, good food, good coffee. I also spent time crafting with my daughter and we enjoyed some seasonal maple products. Perfect.
 

Still super happy with the 9 x 12 size :)
 




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Template designed by Rainy Day