mardi 7 avril 2015

Project Life pages || February

Yes, I realise it's April and I'm posting February's pages. Yikes! We had a very busy February with our wonderful South African trip, so that put me off my PL game! I was waiting on my first Messy Box too, because there are some elements that I really wanted to use to document that trip.
 
So here we go: Feb 2nd to the 8th.
 
 
Sometimes two adjoining pictures will be in the wrong chronological order. This is the case for the pictures of my kids below. My son was sick on the Monday and stayed home and my daughter's pictures was taken on the following Sunday morning. I don,t fret too much about that.
 
 
I love using a color scheme. Here the business cards for the places I went to on Friday night were black and white and they went so well with the cards from my Studio Calico kit. The repreating elements like the moon and sun and the selfies with each of the friends I saw make this page come together nicely.
 

 
February 9th to 15th. This one is all about the love!
 
 
 I love the pale blue color scheme with the pops of bright red in this spread.

 
For the center card, I glued the chipboard hearts on a transparent Studio Calico card I was hoarding since last year. I stuck the hearts on both sides, one of them moved while drying, as you can see.
 


This was the first time I used a full 9 x 12 page. It was my take on the February Awesome Ladies Project sketch. This covers Feb 16 to 22.
 
 
It mostly concers the preparations for our trip to South Africa.
 

 A closer look at the big page.
 

The next two weeks we spent in South Africa attending my sister's wedding. I am documenting this trip in its own album, so I just wanted to have an overview of our travels in my regular PL.
 
 
I really wanted to use the Life is beautiful overlay that comes with the Messy Box...
 
 
...and those super cool 3 x 3 cards. I'm loving this page format.
 

The last part of the trip has less to do with the wedding and more with the other places we saw / things we did.
 
 
Once again, I tried to pay attention to color and to the types of images I used. I find that this page with the 3 x 3 squares is just perfect to give an idea of what a trip was like. Perfect way to make an overview...
 
 
The top right card I made with the dried flowers from my Maid of Honor bouquet!
 
 
It's beautiful with that Messy Box patterned card.


 We returned from RSA on March 2nd. I'll be sharing March's pages next week. Thanks for putting up with me :)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Template designed by Rainy Day