mardi 28 avril 2015

Pages from my San Miguel de Allende travel album

I love this album so much, I thought I'd give you a quick tour. If color, pattern and photography overload aren't your thing, you may want to skip this post :)
 

I used a 9 x 12 album, which is the size I am using for Project Life too. I love this size, although sometimes I miss the wider layouts....especially when there is so much to document.
 

I used a mix of papers from Studio Calico and my new favorite the Messy Box.
 


Before I started, I made a kit of sorts. I pulled out a bunch of Project Life cards that I thought would fit the San Miguel color scheme. Doing this made the whole album come together really fast.
 

Also, before I start, I arrange my photos in piles, in chronological order. I add each day's ephemera to the piles. Then I go through each pile and choose my favorites.
 


Once I have my favorites chosen, I try to match their orientation to the most practical page protector.
 

I looooove including ephemera to my travel albums.
 

The cemetery visit was definitely a highlight for me. Loved using these 3 x 3 grid pages.




I have been adapting 12 x 12 pages protectors and modifying them to fit this album. I'll share a post on that this Friday.
 

I also adapt Project Life cards but cutting them up if necessary.
 



This album is such a great reminder of our days spent creating.


Don't you love that there is a welcoming skeleton on top of the funeral parlour?!?
 

Some of the most beautiful ephemera I've gotten is from San Miguel. I always picked up one for my travel album and one to cut up!
 



I made sure the last page was a big 9 x 12 page protector...
 

...so I could stick in all my maps and other documents in the back.
 

The best part is I have plenty of room in this binder to document my trip when I go back next September :)

1 commentaire:

  1. I love, love, love this album! Does your last statement mean you'll be bringing it to SMA to show us in person? Otherwise, I have to invite myself to visit so I can see it and flip lovingly through it page by page!!

    RépondreSupprimer

Template designed by Rainy Day