vendredi 17 avril 2015

A calligraphy journal

One of my friends at work really liked the DCWV Once Upon a Time papers I had used for another journal. She wanted a journal with similar papers in it, but she wanted to keep as much of the paper as possible because she liked the patterns so much. So we decided to make her a 6 x 12 journal, with a landscape orientation.
 

I folded the papers so the patterns would be on the inside. We complimented the papers I had with another DCWV stack. I ended up making ten signatures of three folios. I went with a coptic stich because she wanted to pages to lie as flat as possible. I used vintage wall paper to cover the cardboard I used to make the covers.
 

I tried to put her favorite papers in the middle of the signatures so the pattern was whole.
 



But since these papers are one sided, there is a lot of blank pages to write on without having to use the pattern pages (if she so chooses). I love the nostalgic and soft feel of this journal.


 She wants to use it for calligraphy practice and to document certain events in her life.
 
 
It was a great project. I love working with people to find their perfect type of notebooks. Don't hesitate to contact me about handmade journals and upcycled books.
 
 
You can see more of what I make here www.vanessasfancy.etsy.com
 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Template designed by Rainy Day