jeudi 26 mars 2015

Get Messy Art Journal Blog Hop!

This week we are wrapping up Get Messy's Season of Love. And what a Season it has been! I thoroughly enjoyed the prompts. I feel like a lot of them took me to places I would not have necessarily gone or inspired me to try new techniques. We are having a blog hop to help participants explore and see new blogs and inspire each other. The blog list is at the end of this post.
 
Meanwhile, I have three spreads to share with you this week. They are partially prompt related, but definitely inspired by Love, by Heart, by being a Woman.
 

For this spread, I used the petals and flowers from my Maid of Honor bouquet (my sister just got married). I had pressed them while we were on our trip and they kept their radiant color. The writing is from a Jacques Brel song:
 
'J'avais apporté des bonbons. Parce que les fleurs, c'est périssable. Et les bonbons c'est tellement bon, bien que les fleurs soient plus présentables... surtout quand elles sont en boutons....'
 

It's the story of a man courting his lady love and he says 'I brought candy because flowers are perishable and candy is so good although flowers are much more presentable, especially when they are in buttons...'. Of course this translates horribly, you must take a minute to listen to the original : https://youtu.be/hGnNDKK5GVU
 

My second spread once again uses the heart imagery. I was thinking about the fragility of hearts and of flowers. Of how we offer them up with so much hope, sometimes to be dashed and bruised, sometimes to be held dearly.
 
 
I kept this one simple, just that woman's vulnerable eyes, flowers and the heart.
 

I love how the vellum lets the flowers peek through. Pssst, I glued it down using plain old scotch tape!
 

Last one for this week and a definite change of tone. I read the whole Ashley Judd controversy, I saw the Afghan woman get beaten and murdered by an angry mob of men, I hear (and read) all of the disgusting ways women are being talked about and portrayed in the media and I'M OVER IT.
 

That is enough, things will have to change. I'm feeling all biblical here, the 'an eye for an eye' type of biblical. Oh, to have such power.
 

Thank you for coming by and taking a look at these pages. Here are the links for the blog hop! Do leave a comment when you visit a blog, they are always appreciated.
  1. Zinia http://abstract-inspiration.blogspot.com
  2. Emily https://squiggleandswirl.wordpress.com/
  3. Dawn https://winkasheart.wordpress.com
  4. Lauren https://laurenslovelist.wordpress.com/
  5. Elizabeth http://www.elizabethrosemond.com
  6. Lauren http://laurenpearl121.blogspot.co.uk
  7. Tanyalee http://www.thedrawingboardau.com/
******************************


Get Messy Art Journal is gang of crafty vixens who are sharing art journal pages we have created to practice our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. We support and encourage one another on this journey of creating and learning and we would love for you to join us too.

14 commentaires:

  1. Firstly, pressed bouquet flowers is the best thing I have ever heard of. Now to invent a time machine and go back to press my bridesmaids' bouquets. Secondly, that bold text page. Yep. That's all.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I really love your approach in art journaling. Your collages are really inspiring and each page has a lot to say <3

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. You take me on a stunning, powerful visual journey every time. I love your work x

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Great pages. I especially love the last one... but like you, I am frustrated by the way women are being treated. I love how you used that in a constructive way

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. YES! Let's do this. I get so angry when people think I'm exagerating.

      Supprimer
  5. Wonderful, wonderful pages. The last one I feel the same.

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. I loved exploring your blog for the blog hop, you have lots of inspiring and creative artwork which I loved looking at.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks for taking a peek Lauren, I appreciate it

      Supprimer
  7. your pressed flowers, anatomical heart and statement text.. all amazing <3

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. you also did an anatomical heart! We are like minded, J xx

      Supprimer

Template designed by Rainy Day