lundi 23 février 2015

My travel journal

Oh it's a beauty! I saw it on one of my Get Messy friend's instagram feed. Blue Sky Papers was having a contest. But when I saw their beautiful handmade books and journals, I was smitten! Plus there is a cluster of constellations on the cover. Goes perfectly with my tattoo - match made in heaven!

I ordered it in January and it arrived just in time for our travels. Here is a detail of the cover. I wish you could scratch and sniff. The leather smells divine.


When you open the first flap, the moon is there to greet you. The Moon and I are great friends so this is just perfection.
 



The journal is 8.5 x 12 inches, just my size. The paper isn't watercolor paper. It buckeld a little when I made my swatches, but that is not something that bothers me. It is clearly more of a sketchbook than watercolor journal, but it will be perfect for what I have in mind.
 


I'm really happy and cannot wait to fill it up with our travel memories.
 
 
ps: I am not affiliated with Blue Sky Papers in any way, I just love this journal.

4 commentaires:

  1. So glad you like your journal! We've loved seeing your updates on your travels through this book on Instagram. Jessie, the girl who made your book, is just so incredibly amazed and grateful to see her creations getting so much love! Vanessa, you are so, so talented. We're officially fans of your blog and Instagram! :)

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you Christina for this lovely comment and thank you Jessie for an amazing journal. I am working hard to finish it up and share the pages here. You ladies are awesome! Dream job for sure.

      Supprimer

Template designed by Rainy Day