jeudi 19 février 2015

Get Messy || Season of Love 02



Welcome to another edition of the Get Messy art journal prompts. We are still in our Season of Love. Trigger warning : this post is very emotional and deals with infant loss.
 
I made this last week, but wanted to make sure I had my friend's permission before sharing. Love is an action. Love is an act. And sometimes the outcome of that act is sadness and loss.
 
 
This is a homage to my close friend. She lost her daughter in utero at 37 weeks almost a year ago. I will remember how everything played out that day forever. I have seen my friend deal with with this devastating blow with so much courage and strength. And above all : LOVE.
 
 
Love for her daughter who was already so loved and wanted. Love for her husband who is dealing as best he can in his own way. Love for herself and what her body is capable of. She is all for breaking the taboo and stigmata around infant loss and that is why she agreed that I should share these pages. (I asked her before I even made this because I didn't want this to be a trigger for her or to make her feel instrumentalised).


There are no answers to her questions, no rhyme or reason for what happened. It just did. But her resilience and her willingness not to belittle the impact of her daughter's death on her life is admirable. We talk openly and often about her grief, about how she is feeling, about where she is at now. What hurts her the most is when people pretend that nothing happened.

 
 
I also did this spread. It's about an ex. Haven't thought about him in ten years. The bastard. And that's all I'll say about THAT.
 
 




Thanks for coming by to read my super emotional post xx
 
***********************************
 

Get Messy Art Journal is gang of crafty vixens who are sharing art journal pages we have created to practice our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. We support and encourage one another on this journey of creating and learning and we would love for you to join us too.

8 commentaires:

  1. These pages are so beautiful and powerful. Thank you for sharing them with us <3

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Powerful art. "What hurts her the most is when people pretend that nothing happened." Powerful words.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. it,s the truth, people tend to sweep things under the rug after a while. It's a coping mechanism, but not always the right one.

      Supprimer
  3. You do blow me away with your power and words. Thank you for sharing these.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. The page about your friend is amazing. Thank you and her for sharing it.

    RépondreSupprimer

Template designed by Rainy Day