jeudi 12 février 2015

Get Messy pages || Season of Love 01

Well, hello! I've decided to keep going with Thursdays being share days for my art journal pages. Although I will be posting sneaks or detail images on IG throughout the week, Thursday is when I share the whole spreads.
 
This first one is in answer to one of the Get Messy prompts (you can sign up here anytime). We are in a Season of Love. I wanted this page to be bold and to the point. Plus, Katy Perry's lyrics were just perfect to convey my point.
 




I'm quite happy with how it turned out.
 

This second spread was made last week when the get messy group was expanding and getting to know each other. I already have like 10 000 girl blog crushes! I wanted to catch that exuberant feeling.


I feel like all of these superimposed bits of paper convey all of the excitement and awe I was (and am) feeling.
 
 
Finding your tribe in life is sooo important. I feel good in this group.
 

Lastly, this  spread is a mix of quotes by Virginia Woolf (in a case of great minds think alike, my girl Oh Oui Paris also did a piece about Virginia). I matched the quotes with some vintage type of imagery, which I built around the black and white photograph of the woman.


With everything going on with ISIL, Boko Haram and so much death and violence, I can't help but feel that this quote is so true about me.
 

 

The drawn ladies are from a 1920s pattern book catalogue.
 


Definitely feeling all the Girl Vibes these days, from all the different groups I belong to. My tribe is getting bigger each day and I love that. Thanks for coming by lovelies and let me know what you think!

**********************************************
 

Get Messy Art Journal is gang of crafty vixens who are sharing art journal pages we have created to practice our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. We support and encourage one another on this journey of creating and learning and we would love for you to join us too.

15 commentaires:

  1. The women from the pattern cutting books ... wow! (p.s Katy Perry is my queen) <3

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. I know, such beautiful drawings, right? I have to say, I like Dark Katy!!!

      Supprimer
    2. yes, me too! I preferred when she first came out with her guitar though..!

      Supprimer
  2. Oh, so fantastic!! I'm definitely finding the new Get Messy challenging...just need to close my eyes and jump right in!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. take your time, I couldn't go there in just 4 days

      Supprimer
  3. In LOVE with your first spread! The vibe is so dark, but energetic. I love the drawing overtop of the models' body. Great work! Looking forward to seeing more!!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Also, what are you using for the white lettering? I have some white gel pens/markers that don't seem to be opaque enough to write over anything all that dark. Any recommendations would be awesome! ;)

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. I swear my life by this white pen : UNI-BALL SIGNO BROAD. I could get them easily in Hong Kong and I brought back a stash of them. Here is the link to an Amazon listing.
      http://www.amazon.com/Uni-Ball-Impact-Komainu-Dou-Original-Package/dp/B00KK6X7CW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1424011519&sr=8-1&keywords=uni-ball+signo+white+broad

      Supprimer
  5. All of your pages are amazing, but I am OBSESSED with the first two!!! so incredible, off to a great start :)

    xx Becky

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. thanks for taking a look Becky! Obsession is GOOOOOD!

      Supprimer
  6. Your page "fading into black" is really, really awesome.

    RépondreSupprimer

Template designed by Rainy Day