dimanche 25 janvier 2015

V's 52 portraits || 04


I have made - and lost - many friends in the books I have read.
 
I am an avid reader. This portrait shows my favorite time of day, when I get lost in stories. I have lived so many lives thanks to books. From reading The Hardy Boys at 8 years old (and changing the pronouns from he to she) to my discovery of Stephen King when I was 14, from Anne Rice to Justin Cronin, from Elizabeth Kustova, Philip Pullman to Audrey Niffenegger and Donna Tartt; I love a thick book that captivates. 
 
(I realise the light is competely overexposed, but this was the shot, so I'm just going to roll with it!)

5 commentaires:

  1. i'm a huge reader too. I seem to go in cycles... if I'm not posting a lot of creative projects to my blog, it's probably because I'm busy reading 1-2 books a week. I'll have to check out some of the authors you mentioned.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. YES! Katie, start with Elizabeth Kustova, The Swan Thieves or The Historian. So good.

      Supprimer
  2. Yes...books are little treasures...Windows on the world....
    Which is your book at present?

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. It's The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt. Very engrossing!

      Supprimer
  3. Oh yes Donna Tartt! I read «Le petit copain»a few years ago...it was very interesting.
    So I keep this new title. Thanks!

    RépondreSupprimer

Template designed by Rainy Day