mardi 13 janvier 2015

Sewing scraps

 
This was a fun and simple experiment or exploration that was inspired by two people : Nina Christensen and Anika Lacerte. 
 

I read this post by Nina and was soooo inspired by her paper scraps drawer! It made me want to play in my own scrap pile. So I randomly pulled some pleasing scraps that I had on hand and decided to put them on a Letter sized piece of paper.
 

I was going to glue them down in a traditional type layout (which I almost never do). But then I saw this post by Anika and it dawned on me that I could play with Marie-Antoinette (my sewing machine) to get an interesting effect.
 

So I placed my scraps on the piece of cardstock and started sewing. I LOVE the sound my machine makes and I feel silly not using it more often. What was fun about this simple project was 1- using my scrap stash 2- using the thread as an added pattern, an actual part of the piece of art.
 
 
 
I thoroughly enjoyed both the process and the end result. I really like the raw edges with the thread that surrounds the paper. I'm not sur what I will do with it now - either frame it in a shadow box or stick it in my Project Life? I might add it to my Vanessa at 40 album instead. 
 

I signed up for both the Nina is a Paper Nerd and The Handcrafted Story's newsletters and in the process am getting some lovely freebies including PL cards from Nina and a customizable calendar from Anika. I encourage you to take a look!

Note : I am not affiliated to either of these blogs or ladies, I simply really like what they offer!

2 commentaires:

  1. Do you use a separate needle for sewing paper/card stock? Or do you use the same needle you use for sewing fabric?

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. I use the same needle for sewing paper and fabric. If the papers get too thick, I can feel that the needle has a little trouble. Otherwise, it goes very smoothly. I've never tried to sew wood veneer, but I belive some people have using a basic needle and it has worked fine.

      Supprimer

Template designed by Rainy Day