jeudi 8 janvier 2015

Recent art journaling pages

Here are two recent spreads that I had not shared with you yet. This first one was done using paints that I bought in San Miguel, so this color scheme definitely brings me back to that wonderful trip. The subject matter, though...not so much!
 

I made this page in early December and I have to say that I feel that it is the last page about my friendship breakup that I will make. Definitely want to leave that in 2014. The quote in the yellow paint is by David Whyte.
 

One detail I like : on the right page the ink did something I didn't want it to, so I just used masking tape to cover it and left it as is. I like the way it looks.

 
This second spread was done just before I went to my mother's for Christmas. I had a few things to discuss with her and was feeling chicken. So I made this page to express all those conflicting feelings. I had the talk and now it's all good.



That silver tape is plumber's tape of all things. It's great to 'emboss' and then stick down on your pages. A cool new media discovered thanks to Orly during the Gateways to Art Journaling workshop I attended.
 

 
If you have any questions about my process or the materials I used, please feel free to ask them in the comments!

2 commentaires:

  1. Loving these pages. You are brave to address issues with your mother. Well done you, this is very grown up behaviour! It is my new year's resolution to be more grown up. I am already finding it difficult. Wish me luck. I am loving the raw emotion of your pages. Fantastic.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. You can do it ! Just take a deep breath and go for it. You will be surprised where it'll take you :)

      Supprimer

Template designed by Rainy Day