mardi 6 janvier 2015

My plans for documenting 2015

First project : documenting turning 40
 
This year is an important one for me. I turn 40 on February 25th. How did that happen? I swear I never thought about my age until I realised that I'm turning 40. Such a significant number, no? Yikes. So in the spirit of embracing my age, and my OLW 'commit',  I've decided to document my 40th year in a special way.
 
Every Saturday I will take a self-portrait and share on Instagram and on the blog. I've already posted one with the hashtag #Vs52portraits. Self-portrait, not selfie. I want to take these portraits with my Nikon D90, which is one of my other commitments for 2015. This way I get to work on my photography skills and document this important year. Some of the portraits will be elaborate others very quick, all depending on my mood and what I want to show. I hope you'll follow along!
 
1/52
 
For the first portrait, I cheated and used the Hipstamatic app on my iphone, but it's not going to happen again, promise (or at least not too often?)
 
The self-portraits will go in a special album I'll be adding to throughout the year : V at 40. I'll be using a Semikolon album, like I did for my From Here to There album this summer. I think I may add self-interviews and such into that album. It'll also be a place to stay in contact with and document my OLW. I will be sharing my progress in that album every month.
 
Second project : pocket scrapbooking

I am continuing with Project Life / pocket scrapbooking in 2015. I am really excited to document our only full year in Canada (we leave for Beijing in summer 2016). The biggest change for me is that I'll be switching sizes. I love the 12 x 12 size, but I am trying not too think too much about the huge albums I'll have to lug around everytime we move. So, I'm going to try the new 9 x 12 albums that should be out soon. For me, that size sounds perfect, not too bulky...Also, I take a lot of photos and I love the cards from the PL Studio Calico kit, so the 6 x 8 sized page protectors would get filled much too quickly.

I will be keeping the weekly format because I don't stress too much about it anyway. Sometimes my spreads are about the weekend only or one event anyway, so I'm not worried about that. I'll also continue to have 2 albums a year.

The second change is here on the blog. I'll be sharing my pages each month, just like I did in the last year. But I will be taking (better) pictures with my Nikon and taking a shot of each page so you can see more of the details.

Thanks for coming by to read this long post!



4 commentaires:

Template designed by Rainy Day