vendredi 2 janvier 2015

Awesome Ladies Project || Creative Team projects for December

Here are the two projects I made for the Awesome Ladies Project Creative Team this December.
 
As you may remember, my family and I moved from Hong Kong back to Canada. I made a whole album about our move which you can see here. But I was very inspired by Basic Grey's Second City papers to make a comparison page between the two cities we lived in this year. I figured this would make a lovely final page for my 2014 Project Life album.
 
 
I chose five papers from the 6 x 6 pad for the front and five for the backside. I left two papers for each side as they were and cut three for each side into triangles by slicing each sheet on the diagonal. I knew I wanted to use the Becky Higgins PL page protector type E to showcase the papers.
 

I interviewed my family members and asked them what was their favorite part of living in Hong Kong and of living in Gatineau.
 
 
I wrote down our answers on a white tag that I glued down next to that person's Instax picture. I wrote out everyone's name using Basic Grey's alpha stickers. I added some embellishments from the line and was done.
 
 
Here is the backside:
 

I loved hearing the children's answers in their own words. I find this will be a good way to remember their thoughts about this international move and what it meant for them at this age.
 
 
 
I like the Second City color scheme and those cool transparencies and embellishments. I love that I can layer these elements and get a cohesive look for my page. Also, I,m a sucker for maps, grids and the urban sprawl!
 
 
 
 
With some of the leftover papers in the pad, I decided to make some gift tages that could hold gift cards in them.
 

 
 
 
I chose another six papers. The backings I cut down to 3.5 x 4.5 inches. For the top paper, I cut them to 3.5 x 3.25 inches. I used an actual gift card to make sure there was enough space to slip it in. I then glued the top sheet with the fine side of my Tombow Mono liquid glue applicator. I trimmed the backing paper and punched a hole in it to imitate a tag. I ran the edges of the tags through my sewing machine (mostly to embellish) and then decorated the the top paper. For the tag in the middle, I used some Hero Arts stamps that I had on hand.
 
 
I love the fact that they are not too 'Christmas-y' and can be used for any occasion.
 
Supply list:
-Second City 6 x 6 paper pad
-Second City embellishments
-white tags
-Instax pictures
-Tombow Mono liquid glue
-Basic Grey alpha stickers
-sewing machine
-hole punch
-stamps and labels
 
Most of these supplies came from the Rukristin paper shop here. There is some good stuff there! You can join the Awesome Ladies Project by pledging to spend 2 hours a month creating something that makes you feel amazing! You can check out all the details here. I received these supplies because I am a Creative Team member, but the opinions on the products are my own.
 


4 commentaires:

Template designed by Rainy Day