mardi 23 décembre 2014

December Memories || part 1

As per usual, I am intergrating my December pages directly in my Project Life album. I really love the smaller 6 x 8 books that people use for their December Daily album. But I just can't justify having another seperate album for December. Especially since I am already documenting the month in my December 30 Lists notebook. So I just get the kits and add the pages in my 'regular' album.
 
This year, I got the December Memories kit from Gossamer Blue. I mostly got it for the amazing colors (lots of dark green and pink!) and for Ashley Goldberg's designs too. I am really impressed with this kit. You get a lot of products for the price. I will be using the 6 x 8 album for my San Miguel de Allende album. I am using the products from the kit in my 30 Days of Lists notebook as well as my Project Life pages. It's very cool that you get two of each 3 x 4 and 6 x 4 card.
 
Here's a look at my pages for December so far. I am also using leftovers from past kits and my stash. Please feel free to ask me about any particular product I may have used. This is for Dec 1st to 7th.
 
 
The left side is my intro page. I cut down the 6 x 8 paper with 'December Memories' on it.

 
The right side is the top page of an insert. In this insert I am documenting some of our December traditions : the tree and ornaments, watching Christmas movies, making gingerbread houses and watching Santa's message on the computer.


This is the backside of the insert and the last part of the week.
 

The back part of the insert documents wintertime. After living in Hong Kong for four years, the snow and cold are all (almost) new to us! I included an art journal page I made to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the Polytechnique massacre. It was too important to leave out.
 

The last part of the week is on this page : more snow and winterscapes and fairy lights at work.
 

The week of Dec 8th to 14th is on this spread.
 

The highlight was going to see The Nutcracker, the lowlight was going to the hospital for my son.
 

I don't often use Design E, but for some reason, I find it easier to do so during this time. Maybe it's because the kits coordinate so well?
 

For Dec 15th to 21st, the right page is the top of an insert about the weekend.
 

There was not too much happening since I stayed home with my son almost all that week. I used the backside of the E design to document little moments.
 

We had some friends over on Saturday. I love me good slow cooked food, fine wine and long conversations.
 

The left is the backside of the insert where I documented Sunday Dec 21 also known as 'baking all the stuff day'
 

I even had a moment when I did nothing!!!!!
 

This side shows Thursday the 18th (when I went back to work) and Friday the 19th (when we saw Christmas plays at school and put presents under the tree).
 


And there you have it. I will be sharing the second part of my album next week. I'm also working on planning my 2015 Project Life, my One Little Word and some intentions for this blog for 2015.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Template designed by Rainy Day