jeudi 20 novembre 2014

Get Messy || 22


Hi there! Thanks for coming by! As you may or may not remember, I am currently in San Miguel de Allende attending a wonderful art journaling workshop. Nevertheless, I have a couple of pages to share with you today.


This first one....It's funny how you start to associate a certain type of material or style with a certain size of journal. This spread is all about the infamous friendship break-up I've been sorting through. When it happened, I laid down my feelings in my End Game/Match Point journal. I had pulled specific and very telling pieces of ephemera to work with. I saved the extra bits and they just called to me when I made this.

 
I rarely leave so much empty space in this Moleskine journal. But I had something to say about this specific event and I just naturally went with the style I had used in the smaller journal. It looks different on this scale and I actually really like both sizes.
 
Clearly I am still processing that whole story. On to my second spread. I teased my IG followers with these two pictures. I got that huge Hero Arts stamp from Kristin's shop when I was still in Hong Kong (it kinda inspired my most recent tattoo as you can see on my picture on the top right).


 I stamped a piece of white cardstock then I free-hand cut it out so it would look like hair.
 

 Here is where I used it.


It's not perfect, but neither am I. I wanted to illustrate having ideas and all the possibilities that entails. I wanted to cut out the woman's cowl or paint it but in the end, I thought that might ruin it so I left it as is and added the golden circle.
 

This spread is about conquering fear. The irrational one that weighs on you. The one that stops you from getting/doing what you want. The fear that makes you pass up certain experiences 'in case something should happen'. I do not want to be someone like that. I do not want to let fear win. Before leaving on my trip to San Miguel - my first solo one - there was a lot of talk about sexual assault in light of the many # movements. I started to get paranoïd - it had happened to so many people close to me, why should I be spared? Did that mean I would be next? Should I not go traveling alone? Was I putting myself in danger by going on this trip? What if something happened to me?
 
 
And then I said no. I will not let this kind of fear stop me. If I do that, they win. I refuse to be boxed in or to limit myself. I refuse to psych myself out. I have also seen too much of that from people around me. I refuse to be bullied into fear. I will not make excuses or give in to irrational thoughts. The above quote is my favorite ever. (Also : 'fear is the mind killer')
 
So there you have it. As you are reading this, I am past the halfway mark for my trip and I am excited to share it with you when I come back.
 
************** 
Get Messy is an art journal challenge where a gang of crafty vixens are sharing art journal pages we have created to practise our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. We share our pages without restraint every week, and once a month we create around a prompt. Go check out these crazy talented ladies who are creating pages who each have a unique perspective and style. We will be sharing our work around social media so follow the hashtag #getmessyartjournal.
 

4 commentaires:

  1. Love the little vintage photo.. beautiful and inspiring pages as always!! :D xo

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. thanks my dear! Vintage photos are a staple in my work.

      Supprimer
  2. That big stamp is awesome! And I love how you used it.

    RépondreSupprimer

Template designed by Rainy Day