jeudi 16 octobre 2014

Get Messy || 17


I've been working away in my Fall Journal this last week. I like changing it up, sometimes working in my big moleskine, sometimes playing in the smaller formats. When I shared the first pages from this journal, you may remember there was a gold sprayed leaf? I had used it as a mask for this page:
 

I had an idea to draw in the veins of the leaf. It didn't turn out exactly how I had pictured it but that's ok!
 

On the left page are some excerpts from a poem by Alphonse de Lamartine (1790-1869) a French poet. He equates Fall with dying in this classically romantic poem.
 

This spread documents little moments or elements of Fall that I have missed because I haven't lived a proper Fall in four years.


I never would have noticed or thought to jot down these elements had I not lived in Hong Kong for four years.
 


A big part of Fall is...back to school. It's also a big part of our return home, the daily commute, the return of a more familiar routine. These ephemera pieces from Katie Licht's Autumn journal paper pack were just begging to be used. I randomly put down the clear letter stickers on the pages.
 

I love reading and Fall is such a cozy-up-with-a-book type of season that I decided to document my reading list for Fall.


The black tag pulls out to reveal a fitting word.
 

The 'books and coffee' card flips up to reveal my family's current reading favorites.
 

I thought it would be cool to remember what the kids and my hubby are into also.
 

And me too! I left some room just in case :)
 

For my final page, I used some extra trimmings from recent Project Life spreads and placed them facing the backside of September's prompt page. I stamped 'harvest' to go with 'gather' from my other post.
 

In the secret pocket, I put vintage and new tickets, pieces of the corn stalks and pressed leaves.
 

I love little pockets of goodness.
 
 
Thanks for coming by. I hope you are enjoying the season as much as I am.
 
************** 
Get Messy is an art journal challenge where a gang of crafty vixens are sharing art journal pages we have created to practise our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. We share our pages without restraint every week, and once a month we create around a prompt. Go check out these crazy talented ladies who are creating pages who each have a unique perspective and style. We will be sharing our work around social media so follow the hashtag #getmessyartjournal.
 

10 commentaires:

  1. Wow! These are so cool and I really get the feeling of Autumn from looking at these pages... Love! <3

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. oh this is so lovely!
    It looks exactly like the pictures I have in my head when I think of an "art journal"
    You are so talented!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. this is so sweet of you to say Janine, thank you!

      Supprimer
  3. love the autumnal pages and especially in love with the back to school pages..so good!!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. So many pages and they are all absolutely gorgeous! They're very comfortable, make me feel right at home-- though it could be because of the book pages & colors you used :) Really well done and inspirational. Thank you for sharing!

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Gorgeous. You really really have a way with paper and words! Always love your choice of color, the embellishments you choose as well. That orange flash card really pops to me. I love it. I love your documenting the books everyone is reading. I have been wanting to do that. I could go on.For real!

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Love your pages! Especially all the vellum and stitched details!! :)

    RépondreSupprimer

Template designed by Rainy Day