jeudi 2 octobre 2014

Get Messy || 15


I feel like this week was so full. So much going on in the world right now. I have pages from two sources to show you. First, I'm sharing pages from my Moleskine art journal. I was incredibly inspired by Emma Watson's UN speech and promptly made this page after having listened to it. (Here's the link in case you want to hear it)
 

And then just a simple one about things/ people/ideas that overstay their welcome.



I find that the Muse often comes to me as I am about to fall asleep. This is what happened for this spread. I had the image of the red layers and the squiggly pens lines.
 

Sometimes, I need to put down lots of journaling to remember what's going on. Other times, I know that isn't necessary.



I also added some pages to my Fall journal. I created a little kit by pulling out some papers and ephemera that I added to Katie Licht's Autumn paper kit. Here is a page about the Canada Geese. Every fall, their departure means winter is afoot and seeing them fly across the sky in giant Vs is always a treat.


 
The vellum paper has some of these geese in flight on it.


This page is built around the word 'gather' and its different meanings.
 

My favorite is the third.
 
 
I used that leaf as a mask for another page, which I'll show next week!
 
**************
 
Get Messy is an art journal challenge where a gang of crafty vixens are sharing art journal pages we have created to practise our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. We share our pages without restraint every week, and once a month we create around a prompt. Go check out these crazy talented ladies who are creating pages who each have a unique perspective and style. We will be sharing our work around social media so follow the hashtag #getmessyartjournal.

21 commentaires:

  1. These pages are so good, they're actually EXCITING to look at! You have a brilliant sense of color. I really look to your work for inspiration. Thanks for sharing these!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. thanks Violetta. I do LOVE color and they are the fastest way to express emotion. To me, anyway.

      Supprimer
  2. As always, beautiful! :) I love that you have a page from the UN speech by Emma Watson, I was also really inspired by it and just want it to be shared and listened by everyone! :) <3 xo

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Agreed, it's one of those amazing speeches that manages to walk the fine line perfectly.

      Supprimer
  3. You made so many fantastic pages this week it's hard to choose a favorite, but it has to be the pink balloon pages. You're a gem.

    Uncustomary Art.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks Mary!!! I think the balloons are definitely part of your aesthetic world too :)

      Supprimer
  4. Wow, gorgeous pages!! I am so impressed and inspired!! :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. I adore all your pages! So varied and still so you.

    As I said on IG, I love the speech by Emma Watson. The importance of it cannot be stressed enough. Thanks for putting it out there in your beautiful voice.

    xo Nina

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. thanks dear! I think that it's really hard to please everyone and I feel that Emma managed to do that and to help change the idea that feminist is a dirty word.

      Supprimer
  6. I think the thing I love most about your pages is the honesty they convey. They don't hold back with expressing exactly what you were feeling when you created them, and that is a talent. Loved Emma Watson's speech by the way! xx Bec

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you! I use my art journal as a diary, as a means to express what I'm feeling, so I'm glad you were able to see that!

      Supprimer
  7. That 'finally alone' page. That's my fave this week. I love that the image came to you the way it did, too. I can relate!
    But, really, ALL of your pages are pretty remarkable.
    And I very much love your fall journal. Very much!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks Kara. It's interesting to see how/where/when people get inspired.

      Supprimer
  8. {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
    {\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 ArialMT;}
    {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red34\green34\blue34;\red255\green255\blue255;}
    \deftab720
    \pard\pardeftab720\partightenfactor0

    \f0\fs26 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
    \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 It is such a coincidence that I have just read your pages. There is a huge house party going on in the house right opposite mine with LOADS of teenagers outside talking and singing loudly. One voice said, ' why are you still here? Just go.' Then I read your journal page.

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. You have so many pages!! And they're all so great. I was totally floored by Emma Watson's speech and I got so angry at all the haters that cropped up to tear her down. I think she made a really great argument and she did it with such poise! I adore her as an actress and I'm so happy she decided to stand up for the cause.

    I really like the page about people/ideas/things overstaying their welcome. While I've had some friends do it, mainly my thoughts are the ones often staying for too long. It's so frustrating because how can you chase away what lives in your mind?

    Love love love your autumn pages too! It's my favorite season, so there's that. And I haven't seen any geese in so long, not since I lived in Ontario like... 20+ years ago (eghads... feeling old all of the sudden -.-) I really like all the textures, layers and imagery you used. Perfect pages all always :)

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Yeah me too, it was really pathetic that men were like 'we'll publish naked pics of you' when she was actually extending an invitation to them. Ah, the internet. The page you mention came to me and it was done in two minutes and was definitely addressed to thoughts in my head. So I totally get it! And I haven't had a proper fall in 4 years so I am soaking it all up :)

      Supprimer

Template designed by Rainy Day