jeudi 18 septembre 2014

Get Messy || 13


Oh how I love Thursdays! I have a couple of different things to show you for this edition of Get Messy. First off, two pages in my Moleskine art journal. I've mentionned before that this is my 'go to' journal. When I need to express myself or vent, this is where it all comes out.
 
These two spreads relate to the ending of a friendship and I'm having a hard time dealing with the emotions brought up by this.
 

Anyway, I've had this small vintage photo for a while and the image is slowly fading over time. I thought it illustrated pretty well the distance that grows in between people. I slipped it between two acetate sheets, added some sequins and there you have it. I love the image above it with the two girls from Mongolia with their nails painted red (they have just been to a wedding)
 
 
Having lots of imaginary conversations, trying to solve some issues. That is why break-ups (be they friendship or love) are so hard, right? The fact that you are looking for answers but will never get them...

 
Anyway, I also decided to turn this pretty pile of paper....
 
 
....into a Get Messy Fall Journal.


There are a few reasons for this. First, I haven't had a proper fall in four years (no pretty colored tree leaves in Hong Kong) and it's my favorite season. Second, I really like Maria from Analog Paper's habit of making one journal per month. I thought I'd try something seasonal now that my From Here to There album is done. And finally, I had such a blast making my Summer of Love book (which is almost done - sharing soon), that I thought I'd carry some of that on to fall.

 
So here is the first page from that journal :

 
I sewed some mulberry paper on a thick vellum sheet (under this page). I did some semi-fancy stitching on the top, to hold down the paper and because I thought it looked cool. I also wanted to play with the word 'fall'.


And I wanted to express the fact that things are good, we are home, we are settled, we are happy. Life is good.
 

 Have a great week people and thank you for coming by! I'm looking forward to checking out your creations.
 
**************
 
Get Messy is an art journal challenge where a gang of crafty vixens are sharing art journal pages we have created to practise our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. We share our pages without restraint every week, and once a month we create around a prompt. Go check out these crazy talented ladies who are creating pages who each have a unique perspective and style. We will be sharing our work around social media so follow the hashtag #getmessyartjournal.

14 commentaires:

  1. I love how you try to work things out in your journal. Your pages are stunning and do is the small journal you made <3

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you Maria! Better in my art journal than on my heart...

      Supprimer
  2. wow! That fall notebook is a dream!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. too sweet, thanks Andrea. I really love combining paper textures and colors.

      Supprimer
  3. I enjoyed reading your post! I can totally feel what you are writing and feeling through your pages! That autum book is dreamy!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Your pages are always beautiful Vanessa! Love the fall-feeling on them! and the little pocket with stitching is just adorable, might need to create one soon! xx

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Ugh friend break ups are the worst :( I'm so sorry that happened! Keep your head up. Your pages this week are such a wonderful tribute to what your feeling. I think it's really important to honor feelings, whether they're happy or sad ones. And it's so interesting how our pain can be channeled creatively and that we end up with something so beautiful.

    Your aumtun art journal looks awesome btw! I love new journals, I get to so excited to fill them up.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you Eliza. I guess we are just not really equipped to deal with friends who suddenly decide to cut us off. When that happens in love relationships, we rely on our friends to carry us through...so where do you turn when it's the friend who leaves?

      Supprimer
  6. I like these duals sides of you and that you are vulnerable and honest enough to share those hurtful truths. I feel like we dont talk about how deeply friendships can truly affect us. I somehow like you even more now, and I liked you a lot before.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Lauren, you are so sweet. I am trying hard to sort through everything and not act the saint. I was really unprepared for what happened, hence the need to sort my feelings...

      Supprimer

Template designed by Rainy Day